Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tamalyn Dallal is awesome...

For those of you who don't know, Tamalyn Dallal, is a old-school American belly dancer who has had a huge influence on modern belly dance. She's trained the super stars, Bozenka and Amar Gamal. She has also dedicated her career to the study of world dance and history, mostly focusing on Middle Eastern Dance.

The lovely Asyia, brought Tamalyn to Raleigh as a part of the 40 Days & 1001 Nights Back Roads Tour. I was so excited to be a part of this. I, of course, intended to go to all of the programs she had to offer, but I missed the lecture and the documentary. However, I made it to the Oriental Choreo Workshop, the Beledi workshop (which also featured Shaabi) and one master class.

I was also very honored to have been able to perform at the Gala show, which was totally awesome. I debuted my cane and my new hot red dress. I'll be posting pictures of those soon. For now you'll have to make due with this very non-glamourous photo of me and Tamalyn after Monday's master class.

No comments: