Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gently used costumes for sale!

Pink Oriental Dress - $325




This is a well-loved Joharah costume. I paid $375. I am so heartbroken to see it go. I adore this costume, but it should really be on someone who is slimmer and shorter. Or maybe if you are slimmer it will be longer.

Size: Large to XL, 12-14
Chest:
36D, 36" from end to end
Horizontal: 7 inch (8 with headband attached)
Vertical: 6" (7 with headband attached)
Diagonal: 7 1/2" (8 with headband attached)

Hips:
Dress form set to 38" UH and 40" LH
Unstretched: 32" UH and 40" LH
Max stretched: 40" UH and 44" LH

Length:
Dress form set to 5' 8 1/2"
Center bra to bottom: 46"
Armpit to hem: 51"
Center back to bottom: 49"

For reference I was about a size 14/16 in the pictures. At an 18 it doesn't fit me anymore. I'm 5'8 and a half barefoot (and so is the dress form in the pictures).

Condition: Fair
There are sequins popping off in random places, even though when I bought it I reinforced all of the strings with fray-check. I also used clear nail polish on all of the rhinestones to keep them from popping off and snagging.

There are a couple of tiny holes in the mesh around the belly. I am assuming this is from rhinestone snagging. There are a couple areas where the zipper puckers in the back. This is because I took the zipper out to let it out a little and because the mesh has stretched out over time, it wouldn't fit on the zipper as neatly as before.

I also added the headband to the top of the cups, but this is reversible. I did not cut the headband so it can be used as a headband again, if needed.

Since I bought this costume I've only worn it for one 5 min performance and one photo shoot.

Blue Turkish Bedlah - $215




I purchased this costume in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. It is a very high quality set, but not a designer label. Royal blue velvet is complimented with gold beads and AB crystals.
Comes with a headband and two wrist bands. No skirt.

Condition: Good. There is some wear on the bra. There are a few loose beads on the
bra and belt around the hooks. I also added bra cup extensions, which could be removed with minimal damage.

Size:
Bra - about a D cup, 40" end to end, 7" diagonal cup measurements, 7" across and 7" vertical

Belt - 42 1/2" end to end, 5 1/2" max tall, 2 1/4" min

Turkish Dress - $80




Hot and sexy forest green Turkish dress with silver beading and crystals. Comes with one gauntlet. Selling for a friend.

Condition: Good. No visible tears or loose beading. Some wear on on the bra liner.

Size: Small/Medium. Bra - 32" end to end, 6 1/2" diagonal cup, 6 1/2" across and 6" vertical.

Hips - 36" max hips, Waist - 26" unstretched, 33" max waist, 16" around the back

Length - 48" center bust/bra to floor, 37" back waist to floor