Monday, January 11, 2010

Looking for a fabric...

Oh dear, what am I going to do! I started making this beautiful purple costume out of some miscellaneous costume scraps around my house. At first, it was just going to be a belt, then I decided to make a bra too. That's were the trouble started.


The base bra that I bought was too small, and after I covered it all with felt and fabric I tried to fix it, but couldn't. Lesson learned: DO NOT TRIM fabric before you are 100% sure that you are going to keep it. Had I not trimmed it, I may have been able to salvage my fabric. But not this time.


Yesterday, I went to Joann's to look for another 1/2 yard so I can finish my bra. No luck. I'm going to go to the one in Raleigh today after lunch and then after that, PANIC! No not really, I'll just have to make due with a belt.


Here is the fabric in case you want to go to a Joanns in your area and look for me. ;)


Link to fabric here.

No comments: